Through our Social Justice Advocacy Program we look to challenge public policy that harms creation or maintains systems of marginalization. This program serves as the “advocacy arm” of our Outreach & Service Ministry at First Church. While our other programs are more engaged in the areas of education, partnership, and service, this program focuses more on civic engagement related to our other focus areas.
Our Social Justice Advocacy Action Group is part of the network of PC(USA) Grassroots Advocacy Teams and works to help the larger congregation engage around local, statewide, and national issues.
- Join the Social Justice Advocacy Action Group
- Attend Advocacy Training Weekend in Washington D.C.
- Attend NYC Advocacy Day in the fall with the NYC Presbytery
- Follow-up on advocacy action alerts shared in First Matters and social media
- Join FPC congregants at protests
- Participate in advocacy initiatives throughout the year
- Attend FPC’s Fall Peace & Justice Forum
- Let us know you’re interested in getting involved here so we can contact you.